1. Bloomberg – I am a professional money manager and President of LakeView Asset Management, LLC . I need to be on top of the markets – stock, commodity, bonds, stock futures, currencies and news at all times wherever I go. The Bloomberg app is free and provides we with that instant access 24/7.
2. Gmail – When it comes to web based email services, GMail is the best there is to offer. Why should I invest in a Blackberry when I can just put the GMail app right on my IPhone. It allows me to have instant communication for business and personal reasons. Gmail is easy to use and does not require any third party servicing or contract.
3. MLB.com At Bat Lite - I am a big ¬¨‚Ä†baseball fan. Have been my whoile life since growing up in Brooklyn when we used to play in Sandlots. Sandy Koufax was a local hero, as was Joe Torre. I played little league in the neighborhood where Joe Torre grew up. I am a devoted fan of the Yankees and use the MLB app to follow every game wherever I might be. It also gives me MLB news and standings in real time.
4. The Weather Channel (TWC) - My family has homes in two different states, our main house in New Jersey and a vacation home in upstate NY on Lake George. Weather is so important in the northeast for safety, recreation, school closing, etc. that having up to the minute and forecast weather is vitally important no matter where we may be. It also helps me on business trips out of town. I prefer TWC but I would note that my wife is a Weather Bug fan.
5. Shazam – I have over 2,500 songs on my iPhone. There are plenty more that I am missing from my catalog of music. Whenever I hear a song that I like or do not know the name, I Shazam it and get the artist and title information immediately. Then I can decide later to add it to my collection.It also has great links to YouTube and the iTunes store.